The Livingston Avenue Review Of Zines

Friday, August 14, 2009

Wham-Bam (1981)

I'd just met a girl
And was glad I had met her
So I tried to treat her nice
So I could get to know her better
But that was a mistake
It was no way to get her
The villain not the hero gets the girl
The villain not the hero gets the girl

I asked my friend the ladies' man
What could be the matter
He said "treat 'em too good
And they think it's just flattery
You'd be better off
To try assault and battery
Learn this lesson good
And learn it fast
Nice guys finish last

To hell with all that
I don't give a damn
If that's where it's at
Here's where I am
If that's the way to do it
I say screw it
I don't want wham-bam
Thank you ma'am
I don't want a sham
I don't want wham-bam
Thank you ma'am

The ladies keep complaining
How they're treated by their men
But when they get a chance
To do it all over again
They'll pick some bastard
To be their lover
And pick me as just a friend
And set me up here on the shelf
Wanting them and playing
By myself

("chorus' again god knows why)

2 comments:

  1. I met another girl and decided I was for her
    But I didn't let her know it, just pretended to ignore her
    And I acted kinda nasty cause I didn't wanna bore her.
    Somewere back there in the past
    I found out nice guys finish last.

    I took her out drinking just to sort of get her started
    Her eyes were kinda blurry as I longingly regarded her
    And let her think I loved her till I'd fucked her and discarded her
    The villain not the hero gets the girl in this old world
    The villain not the hero gets the girl.

    To hell with how they feel; that's how it's done
    The only thing that's real is looking out for number one.
    I'll cheat 'em and mistreat 'em;
    If they're outta line I'll beat 'em.
    The only thing that matters is my fun.
    I just hit and run. The only thing that matters is my fun.

    The ladies keep on coming and I hope it never ends
    It won't be long before I have to do it all again
    They never stick around long enough to be like friends.
    To hell with that. I don't give a damn.
    I'll settle for wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.

    (1982?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://soundcloud.com/vlorbik/wham-bam-1981

    ReplyDelete